Application period is now open.
If you wish to join a challenging collaborative of implementation researchers, we invite you to apply to the Implementation Research Institute (IRI). This unique interdisciplinary training program will help you launch a research career in implementation science and will provide:
- Experiential Learning
- Didactic Training
- Faculty Mentoring
Applicants are best suited for IRI if:
- Their research interests align with the NIMH strategic plan, especially objective four, or the NIDA strategic plan;
- They seek to prepare R01 or career advancement grants in the area of service system implementation science which will be submitted to NIMH or NIDA or the VA; VA supported investigators should have a primary research focus on implementation of evidence-based interventions for mental disorders or addictions;
- They have a demonstrated publication record of mental health services research leading to implementation science for evidence-based mental health interventions
Candidates should have:
- Graduated from medical school or hold a PhD from such fields as social work, psychology, health services, nursing, anthropology, public health, or management. New and early stage mental health investigators are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated interest in implementation research in mental health.
- Prior or concurrent research experience relevant to dissemination or implementation, such as evidence-based intervention development or testing, or studying access, cost or quality of mental health services.
- Prior experience writing a grant for external federal funding, i.e. an NIH F31, R03, R34/R21, or K award application (prior/current external funding preferred, but accepted fellows cannot have yet been awarded an R01 level grant in implementation science).
- A home institution with an on-site mentor who can support the Fellow’s progress in grant writing and scholarly publication.
- Ability and commitment to benefit from all aspects of the Implementation Research Institute.
If you have inquiries/questions, please email email@example.com.